How to make colourful chocolate at home
Are you looking to make a colourful Christmas tree or a snowman out of chocolate for your Christmas cake? All you need is white chocolate, a butter or vegetable based oil and powdered food colourings.
- Melt the chocolate. It’s better to go for smaller pieces of chocolate as they melt faster. You can melt the chocolate either in a heat resistant bowl over a saucepan of boiled water or in a microwave and it’s best to work in small batches. So only use 1-2 scoops of chocolate at a time. Don’t leave chocolate for more than 30 seconds, because it’ll cause the chocolate to become lumpy.
- Sprinkle a dash or two of your preferred powdered food colourings into the bowl with the chocolate and stir until you get the colour you want. If the chocolate begins to harden, you’ll need to warm it up again, so it remains melted.
There are many ways of using coloured chocolate in decoration.
- Uniform coverage. This is probably one of the most popular ways as it makes your dessert stand out and can be done by beginners.
- Create patterns using a piping bag. Another easy and nice way of using coloured chocolate and adding some neat details to your dessert.
- Create figurines of people, animals or fairy-tale characters. This might sound difficult to do, but if you have baking molds, they’ll make the whole process more easier and enjoyable.
If you are looking for some delicious and indulgent chocolate treats, we have a range of Chocolaty bakery cake slices including Decadent Chocolate Tiffin, Delicious Caramel Shortcake, Indulgent Chocolate Brownie that are readily available to buy for delivery direct to your door. Our Heavenly Chocolate & Toffee Treat Box also provides a selection of 25 decadent chocolaty treats that make the perfect gift to send or share.