This winter bake is the perfect recipe for cherry lovers.
Get baking this Christmas with Sugar ‘n’ Spice
For the cake
100g caster sugar
5 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
50g cocoa powder
60g plain flour
For the filling
100ml double cream
80g white chocolate, melted and cooled
6 tbsp cherry jam
150g tinned black cherries, chopped
For the ganache
200 g dark chocolate chopped
250 ml double cream
2 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- With an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes. Once thick add in the vanilla and stir.
- Sift the flour and cocoa together and fold into the eggs with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin with baking parchment.
- Bake for 15 mins or until cooked.
- While still warm, roll the sponge up.
- Next, make the ganache. Start with heating the cream and golden syrup together in a glass bowl over a boiling pan of water. Once heated for 3 minutes on medium heat, stir in the chopped chocolate. Once melted, take off the heat and cover.
- Make the filling by whisking the cream with an electric whisk until it forms peaks. Add the white chocolate and stir.
- Unroll the sponge and spread the cream mixture on the sponge.
- Mix together the jam and kirsch and drizzle over the cream evenly and add the chopped cherries.
- Roll up the sponge again and pour over the ganache.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
Do you fancy some more Christmassy indulgent goodies? Click here to explore our range and find your perfect winter treats.