Add a little festive fun to your day by making these Christmas Tree Cupcakes. A great recipe for the whole family to get involved with.
Makes 12 cupcakes
For the sponge
150g plain flour
1 ½ tsp Baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 large eggs
150g caster sugar
60g butter, melted
2tsp vanilla extract
For the icing
700g icing sugar
350g salted butter
1tsp green food dye
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder and salt and stir.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is white.
- Now add half the flour to the egg mixture and mix together slowly until combined and then add the rest and stir.
- In the same bowl, add the milk, butter, and vanilla and stir together until combined.
- Fill the cupcake cases two-thirds up with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Leave to the side to cool and start making the butter icing.
- With an electric whisk, mix the icing sugar, butter and green food dye together until combined.
- Place the icing into a piping bag and pipe Christmas trees onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Do you want festive bakes without the baking? We have a selection of luxury treats perfect for this Christmas season. From brownies to muffins, there’s something for everything, Shop today and get delivery direct to your door.