This cinnamon bun home-made recipe is the perfect bake for those rainy days. A sweet and rich treat perfect for eating near a fire on a cool, crisp winter day.
1 tbsp instant dry yeast
3 tbsp white granulated sugar
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
380 plain flour
120g of butter, melted
200g brown sugar
120g cream cheese
4 tbsp butter
130g of icing sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
- Warm the milk and mix with yeast, white sugar, salt, butter and egg using a hand whisk or stand mixer. Add flour and mix slowly and gradually increase the speed. The dough should not be sticky but tacky, you may need to add more flour.
- Let the dough rest by transferring it to a greased bowl and cover with a tea towel for an hour.
- Once doubled in size, flatten and roll out the dough to a rough 12 by 18inch size.
- Brush the melted butter onto the dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough up tightly lengthwise. And cut into roughly 12 slices.
- Place the slices into a greased pan and cover with a tea towel for 45 minutes.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 160 degrees.
- While baking, create the topping. In a hand mixer, stir cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Once mixed, add the icing sugar and vanilla extract and stir. Add milk if the icing is too thick.
- Once the buns are cooked, top with the icing and serve.
Here at our Sugar ‘n’ Spice bakery, we have some delicious treats for the Winter season that you must try. Brownies, tiffin, muffins, flapjacks and more.