Mini lemon drizzle cakes
Spoil your taste buds this with some scrumptious mini lemon drizzle cakes, a little bake with a big taste.
- 250g pack of butter (softened)
- 400g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, (lightly beaten)
- 250g self-raising flour
- Juice of 3 lemons
For the drizzle icing topping
- 30g granulated sugar
- Juice 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- With an electric whisk, whisk the butter, 250g of the sugar, eggs, flour, zest of 2 lemons and juice from 1 lemon until just combined – don’t over-whisk. Fill the cases two thirds full, then bake on a middle shelf for 30 mins, until a skewer poked in comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 mins, then transfer cakes to a cooling rack on a tray and poke each a few times with a skewer.
- Pour remaining lemon juice over remaining 150g sugar and zest 1 lemon, and immediately spoon over the cakes. Leave to cool.
- Mix the icing sugar & lemon juice with just enough water to give a runny, but not watery, icing. Then top and drizzle over the individual lemon cakes. Leave to set.
*You can then add and top whatever decoration you like, we went for fresh blueberries and chocolate drops.
Are you looking for some readily baked delcious cakes? Shop our range of cupcakes today. Buy a box of 12 today for delivery direct to your door. Vegetarian friendly, ambient and great shelf-life.